Monday, October 20, 2008

Hair Loss (10/20)

Well, my mom shaved her head today. Her hair had been falling out fast and furiously the past few days, so she decided to be done with it. (I think she was sick of finding hair in her food.) My brother helped her shave her head and she informed me that she didn't even cry. She had been trying to prepare herself for the past few days, but told me that she was finding it harder than she thought. Hopefully after a week or so it won't matter to her anymore. My nephew told her that she looked fine - and 3 years olds don't lie. To him, his grandma looks just fine. She's still the same loving and fun grandma that he's always known. She just has the same cool haircut that his dad has. Don't worry mom, I think you look just fine too.

4 comments:

alex said...

We are thinking about you and wish we were closer.
We love you grandma Bunnie-M&C and family

Anonymous said...

I talk to Rick nearly every day, so I feel like you guys are a little closer. Take good care of yourself and that little grandbaby of mine. By the way, bald is not beautiful.

Bunnie

Anonymous said...

The nice thing about the hair loss is less shampoo, less drying time and styling is very simple. I just fluffed my wig and went. Sometimes I forgot my wig, but I sure had a cool head. You will too and my grandkids loved to touch my bald head. Hang in there, it's only hair and the really beauty is the great and wonderful spirit of the person. You have a noble and beautiful heart and it will always shine through. Lot's of love

Nancy said...

Hair is over rated Bunnie, this coming from a hairdresser. :-) You are one of the most beautiful women I know. Inside and out.

I love you Bunnie. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Nancy P