Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bunnie Fundraiser

My mom's Young Women felt so helpless when they heard the news of my mom's cancer that they decided to do something about it - so they are doing a fundraiser. They are trying to raise $25,000 by February to help my mom pay for her medical treatments and for her time off of work. If they do this, then several of them are going to shave their heads and donate their hair to charity.

I think what they are doing is awesome! They are really excited about it and it's nice to see young people so excited about serving. My mom is pretty embarrassed that they are going to all of this trouble over her (she likes to be the one serving, not the other way around), but she is also so impressed with her Young Women and touched by their big hearts. 

Here is the blog that the Young Women have set up for their fundraiser: www.loveforbunnie.blogspot.com

2 comments:

HeatherK said...

I love the idea!!! I want to help!
I love you BUNNY!!! Your in our thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

Dear Heather, Suzanne Bailey is in charge of the volunteer efforts and I'm sure she would appreciate your help. Call me for her number.