She should start feeling better in a few more days as more of the chemo gets out of her system and then she'll have plenty of time for her body to recover. The doctor scheduled her last PET scan for a month from now so at that point we'll know if the chemo got rid of all the cancer. We're desperately praying that it did.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
The After-Effects
My mom is currently going through the after-effects of her last chemo treatment and it hasn't been going well. When she went to her doctor's appointment on Friday they had to hydrate her to try and help her body, take some extra bloodwork, and do a chest x-ray to see if anything was seriously wrong with her. After all of the tests came back her doctor told her that her immune system is incredibly low right now and that she needed to stay in bed, not do anything crazy, and stay far away from anyone who might possibly be sick. So, that is what she's been doing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so sorry that you are feeling so bad. I was hoping this treatment wouldn't be as bad. We love you. Stay away from those sick Utahns.
Hi Bunnie,
As I have read your blog I sit here having a hard time catching my breath. I can't believe what you have gone through. You are in my prayers. You are so lucky that you have wonderful daughters there to be with you and those beautiful little people must certainly raise you spirits and make you smile. Good luck on your next pet scan--I pray that the news will be very good. I must say that despite all of this you look really good!! I will keep up with the blog to know how you are doing. Love, PAtti
Oh Bunnie, how I want to desperately come give you a little, gentle hug right now! Here is one in spirit! I LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment