Thursday, January 15, 2009

PET Scan Results

My mom's doctor called her tonight because he didn't want her to have to wait until tomorrow for the news. The PET scan results were really positive. She only has a few spots left and those should be eliminated by the chemo treatment that she gets tomorrow. So, this should be her last chemo treatment and after that she should be cancer free! Whoo-hoo!

She will need to go in for a follow-up PET scan to know if she is cancer-free for sure and her doctor is trying to get that scheduled in six weeks.

My mom is in high spirits and is really excited.

15 comments:

MadMea said...

Thats great! Tell her I love her!

L. Mo said...

Yea, Yea, yea!!! I am so happy!

alex said...

Wonderful news!

tookiecramer said...

That is wonderful. We will keep praying for you and your family Bunnie. Love ya!

the Smiths said...

Yay! We are so happy for you Bunnie!

sue-donym said...

I read this to the YW up at Aspen Grove and there was lots of cheers and tears.
We love you Bunnie!!

Heather said...

Yay Bunnie! I'm so happy to hear that! I'll keep praying, though! :)

Jeanmarie said...

SHOUT OUT BUNNIE, YOu deserve it! It is your faith! and the love of your friends and family! I am so happy for you, I've been jumping up and down!

BusyMama said...

That is the best news I've heard all month!!

Bunnie said...

Thank you for all your love and prayers.

Shelly said...

That is wonderful news. I am so happy for you. You will continue to be in our prayers.

Nancy said...

Hurray!!! The best news ever Bunny!! Our Love & Prayres are still with you Bunns.

Love you!!

Nancy said...

Hurray! So Awesome!!
Love you Bunns!

Amy Jensen said...

Yeah!!!! I am so excited. Good for you Bunnie. You are such a strong person, I love you.

Chrys said...

Sorry, I've been away from my computer for a week...found out this morning...teriffic news Bunnie! I'm so happy, and I hope that the last chemo effects are now a distant memory. Love you, Chrys