On Saturday my mom had a really good day, her first since the last chemo treatment. She also had a fun day filled with visitors.I went over to my mom's on Saturday hoping to get a little cleaning done and to put up her Christmas tree. I was also hoping to be able to go over to the boutique that the young women were having, but that never happened (there were just way too many visitors).
My mom and I had the morning to ourselves. I cleaned while my mom and my little boy watched The Incredibles (or Incrediboy as my son calls it - it's his favorite movie).
By lunchtime the visitors started rolling in. My mom and I had a lot of fun visiting with Jen, who stopped by after dropping by the boutique.
When Jen left we started to put up the Christmas tree and the Plileys came by to visit. The Plileys are always a lot of fun and my mom really enjoyed their visit. Plus, I was able to finish decorating the tree while they were there.
Then my aunt and uncle from Rock Springs dropped by with my cousin and his wife. We had a long fun talk that my dad even participated in.
After that there was a very brief intermission before my mom's coworkers and all her BYU students showed up to do some Christmas caroling. They sang a few songs and let my mom know how much they love her. My mom was really touched.
So, all in all, my mom had a fun weekend - at least as much fun as you can have when you have chemo. She really appreciated all of the visitors. She also wanted to let the young women know how much she appreciated their efforts. She heard that there was a lot of stuff to sell at the boutique and she knows how much time goes into a boutique, so she just wanted to say thank you.
Quick Update - My mom is on the upswing from the chemo treatment, has had a couple of good days, and is starting to feel a lot better.
1 comment:
I'm glad you had a good weekend. You deserved it. Stay warm this week..
Post a Comment