Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas & 5th Chemo (12/24 - 12/26)

We had a great time at Christmas this year. On Christmas eve we had Fondue, which all the grandkids really enjoyed, we had a Christmas pageant, which all the grandkids dressed up for, and we had our traditional ride to see Christmas Lights, which my mom slept through.

The Christmas pageant went okay and the kids all had a really good time.

We had one of our angels read the story of Christ's birth as the other kids entered the room when their part came up in the story.

This year, neither of the boys wanted to be Joseph so we had a girl playing Joseph. I figure it's okay because back in Shakespeare's day they had boys play all the parts, including the girls. So, it's just a little bit of a reversal.

We were able to read almost the whole story, although the wise men were kind of left out, but that didn't stop our wise men from coming on the scene.

But, as you can see, it kind of disintegrated into a mass of kids wandering around, which is pretty much what happens every year. For some reason toddlers don't stay where they're supposed to, can you imagine?

On the day after Christmas, my mom went  in to get her 5th chemo treatment. The treatment went well and my mom is just awaiting her really bad days, which should happen in the next few days. But, at least she got to party hard right before her chemo and see a bunch of her cute grandkids.

4 comments:

Jeanmarie said...

Hope you never have a really bad day! Glad your Christmas was nice! Kisses for a great week!

Anonymous said...

Glad your Christmas was good...what cute grandkids! Just wanted to tell Bunnie HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Love you, and hope to see you soon. Chrys

Amy Jensen said...

Bunnie, I hope you had a good Birthday sorry I didn't get a chance to call you on the actual day, I have been super sick and couldn't even lift my head up. I don't know how you do it but know that I love you and miss you. Hang in there and know that my thoughts and prayers are always with you! Happy Belated Birthday and I hope it was a good one. (well as much as it could be) Love, Amy.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Bunnie,
I was so shocked and heartbroken to hear about your diagnosis. Stay positive and get a Natropathic Dr in your corner. I was diagnosed with stage 4 B cell NHL in July of 04 and it isn't easy but you can kick this :) Sending you much Love and positive thoughts :) Those are the real medicine ;)

Laurie

laurielonghurst@yahoo.com or call me 435-729-9152