My mom had her third chemo treatment yesterday, so she spent the day at the hospital being pumped full of evil chemicals. As usual, the actual chemo treatment wasn't too bad. She did get the leg jitters and got slightly dizzy a few times, but other than that it was fine.
My Aunt P came down to spend the day with my mom. (Technically she's my mom's cousin and not actually my aunt, but she's always been my aunt in my mind, so that's what she is.) They spent the day talking, having lunch, playing with giant dogs (two large dogs are brought in to see the cancer patients to lift their spirits), looking at reunion and kid photos, and got gelato afterwards. It sounds like a really fun day, if you leave out the chemo part.
My little boy and I went to visit my mom in the morning and stayed for lunch. Funny thing, both my aunt and my mom ordered hamburgers with just pickles and mustard. They also both got the same chips. They were lunch twins.
Also, when my mom was introducing my aunt as her cousin to the doctor, he thought that she said husband. My mom said that he got the funniest look on his face and then he asked her to repeat herself. He looked slightly relieved when my mom explained that my aunt P was her cousin, and not her husband.
The chemo went fine, but my mom is trying to mentally prepare for the next few days - they're the hardest ones. When I called last night at 6:30pm, my mom told me that she was tired and was going to bed. I hope that she got plenty of rest.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I had to giggle out loud about the twin hamburgers because minus the mustard, that sounds like a burger Aaron would order. We are still praying for you Bunnie.
Buns WE LOVE YOU! I'm so glad I found this blog. I have been finding other ways of keeping up with you (you know you are a pretty hard woman to keep up with, always have been) I LOVE YOU SOOOOOO much! Jim and the Boys send hugs and love. We will stop by to see you in person when you least expext it!
Aunt Bunny,
I'm so glad you have a BLOG! It's great to catch up on you and your family.
I wish there was something I could do or say to help you through this difficult time, but I do want you to know we care about you and hope you get better soon.
You're in our hearts and prayers!
XOXOX,
Mindy
Post a Comment