Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day Mom! 

I just wanted to take a few minutes to brag about my my mom. My mom is so incredible, but she would never tell anyone else and for this reason I have taken it upon me to let you all know.

While I was growing up my mom had to do the job of two parents and she was amazing. She was very involved in the community and in my school, but most importantly she was very involved with me. Here are some of the ways my mom showed she cared:
  • Whenever I was sick there was chicken noodle soup and some Sprite with my name on it.
  • Every holiday was a special event - and I mean every holiday (Valentine's, Easter, Christmas, St. Patrick's Day, the 4th of July, etc.). There was always special treats for us and the house was always decorated.
  • I never remember playing in a game that my mom wasn't at. This is really saying something because I played a lot of sports and there were a lot of games.
  • I could always confide in my mom. She was always there for me.
  • My mom was always excited about things and always wanted us to have experiences.
  • I would constantly find little notes from my mom and these were usually combined with flowers or a cookie or something. The notes were usually her telling me that she was proud of me or wishing me good luck before a test or a game. They just made you feel special.
  • My mom was always so nice to my friends and they all loved her and thought she was the coolest - very important to a high schooler.
  • My mom always made me feel pretty and special (except for that one comment about being sturdy, but I know she meant well).
  • She was always a good sport and laughed whenever we teased her.
  • She is so much fun to be around.
  • My mom went horseback riding with me even though she was terrified.
  • My mom sacrificed a lot for her kids and her husband - a lot.
Fun family reunion.

Horseback riding at Yellowstone.

Pretty in pink :)

Visiting the tulips with her grandson.

Eating lunch with her granddaughter.

Running a marathon at age 59!

Holding a grandbaby.

Hanging out with all her kids, except for my brother who was in Florida at the time.

The whole family (minus the three, newest little babies)

There are so many more things that I could say about my mom, but I just want her to know that I think she is incredible and I am so, so, so grateful that she is my mom.

Love you mom,
Ashley

3 comments:

MadMea said...

Woah! My mom doesn't do all that! *Hint Hint

But she is great. Love you mom if your reading this!

Jenson Family said...

Hi to Bunnie and Ashley! I got your Christmas card out so I could remember what your blog address was. Glad to get an update on things. Lots of new babies to your family - how fun! Thinking of you!
Leslie Jenson - (Bel Aire friend)

Sk8r Girl said...

In the family reunuin picture I am the realy short one to the far far lefght. I do not spell well so don't jung me.